Tuesday, June 30, 2009

NYC Pride 2009

Ahh to be in NYC for Gay Pride. What a great joy to any out loud and proud queer in the city. Even though the queer life I once knew has morphed into something else, pride in NYC seemed the most logical place to go to show my kidlets what a great community we have, even far away in the 'burbs of South Jersey.

(video from El Blog de PJ)


Gay Pride in NY with kids is very different. First, how do you explain pride to toddlers? We did have the pleasure of going to the Gay Center's "Center Kids picnic" in the Village. I had hoped that we could one, expose the kidlets to other queer families (particularly Daddies and Papas) and two, to meet other queer parents to just talk. I think I hoped for too much given the short amount of time we would be in town and, it is very difficult as an adult to strike up new friendships as we once did...

I'm delirious tonight. More with pics soon...

No comments: